Chef de sous(South Indian Chef)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and manage food preparation in restaurant/cloud kitchens.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Personally interact with customers, addressing and resolving their problems and concerns.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Train new kitchen employees to meet established standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation and safety regulations for kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Demonstrate expertise in making traditional South Indian dishes, specializing in porota, sadhya, and South Indian desserts.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree or a 3-year Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in a large-scale catering organization.
- Minimum 6 years of experience, with at least 4 years in large star hotels or restaurants, including on-the-job training in Indian cuisine.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of Indian desserts, sweets, and snacks.
- Exposure to large Indian kitchens/banquet kitchens.
- Proficiency in English and preferably Dutch language.
- Knowledge of HACCP and ISO standards.
- Pre-opening experience is an additional advantage.
Perks and Benefits:
Competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge in the respective area.
If you are a culinary professional with a passion for excellence and meet the above criteria, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to our culinary journey. Join us in creating memorable dining experiences for our guests!
Address: Brusselplein 11
Zip code: 3541 CH